Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A low-key date night

I may have mentioned that Brad and I have been very luck to have spent the past few weekends traveling and spending time with family and friends. Since we've been doing so much running around, we decided to keep our date night this week pretty low-key.

I was fortunate to be able to spend the afternoon out and about (hopefully more on that to come!), but got home in time to get dinner started.  I also tried my hand at making some homemade Baba Ghanoush (think hummus, but made with eggplant). We haven't tried it yet, and depending on how it turns out I may or may not share the recipe with you . :)


We both pitched in making dinner--grilled salmon and broccoli. Then we headed to the Creamery on Main  in Emmaus for an after dinner treat.

                                    Birthday Cake                          Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Dough

And here you can see my sad face...


...because my head looked big in all of the pictures that we took. No worries--we still had a great time enjoying our treats and exploring downtown Emmaus.

Until next time,
Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment